Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Today's Outfit And Project Update

Blouse - No-iron from Eddie Bauer
Necklace - Macy's
Belt - thrifted
Skirt by me
Leggings - Foot Traffic via sockdreams
Ballet Flats - Me Too via Filene's
I've really fallen for this necklace, despite my initial misgivings.  This phenomenon leads me to yet another lesson that me-made-may has taught me-- Accessories are key.  I don't have an expansive wardrobe of self-made clothing yet, but accessorizing has helped me pull together very different outfits using some of the same key components.  Today's outfit is a good example of this, as last week I wore this same necklace with my red pants and the same belt in black.  Last week's outfit was still markedly different, though it incorporated largely the same accessories.  Which leads me to another lesson of me-made-may: creativity.   I have tried to bring more creativity to my daily outfits in the past, but would always resort back to the age old complaint of nothing to wear.  It's pretty neat to find that limiting myself to building outfits around me-made pieces has actually helped me put new outfits together.  

Ok, I've rambled on enough.  Now it's time for photos of my current project:


The fabric I'm using more of the lovely modal jersey I purchased on Ebay.  For the pattern, I started with the HotPatterns Tap Pants free pattern download from fabric.com, and then traced off one of my favorite tank tops for the top half.  I've had a time of figuring out how to get the flounces to hang properly at the center, but I'm really happy with how they look at present.  Now I just need to add straps and I'll have a comfy summer lounging outfit!




No comments:

Post a Comment