Monday, February 8, 2010

Snowed In!

Pretty sure no one is going to park here.
Side street near Ft. Reno park- treacherous indeed!


By now I'm sure you've heard about DC's little snowmageddon. The inclement weather led to an early dismissal from work on Friday as well as a day off today. Despite the city's attempt to dig out, the driving situation is still not the best. While these conditions have left many DC residents with a case of cabin fever, I can't help but think that I have fared much better. After all, what could be better for a sewer/knitter than three whole days inside? Nestled in my little apartment-cave, I have been on a steady diet of coffee, tea, fabric and yarn.

Life has been stressful the last few months. While I nearly lost the will to sew, I did not stop buying fabric. So while home owners have spent the weekend digging out from under the snow, I have spent the weekend digging out from under my ever-expanding fabric stash. I am proud to say that I can almost see my ironing board again.

Aside from the fact that my sewing "room" takes up half of our living room, the other reason I am taking pains to clean up my stash is that I have plans to visit my Aunt in LA again this spring. Visiting LA means I will have to stop by the fashion district. Which means I will most certainly be coming home with more fabric and will need someplace to put it. Last year I purchased 1 yd of silk georgette, 2 1/2 yds of lime green voile, 1 1/2 yds of printed silk habotai, 1 1/2 yds of white cotton/seacell shirting and 3 yds of border print cotton voile (made into a tank dress, last seen here). My goal is to use each of these fabrics before heading back to LA. I will keep you updated on my progress- look for some finished pieces later today!


No comments:

Post a Comment