Monday, February 22, 2010

Layered Ensemble

It's a drizzly evening, and I'm curled up on the sofa with a big mug of hot cocoa.  I'm about to put the finishing touches on my Destroyed Cowl, and then hopefully sneak in some work on the two trouser muslins I cut out this weekend: a pair of high waisted pedal pushers and carrot pants from Burda 11/2009.  Before I launch into projecting, though, I wanted to take a moment and share photos of the layered cardigan I finished last week:


The bottom layer is a top I purchased some time ago that was a bit misshapen for my tastes.  Enter the jersey ties-- you can't tell from the pictures, but they are stitched on to the sides of the yellow top.  The top layer is a little dolman sleeved cardi that I cut out and stitched together before I realized that it was a tad bit too small.  Then one day I spied both pieces at the bottom of my sewing pile, and realized they belonged together.  

[ Back View. ]



[ Close Up. ] 




The chartreuse & teal color combination is so cheerful.  And the teal cardigan is made of bamboo knit that is both soft and resilient.  Such a happy accident that these two pieces ended up together!  I might just have to make more tops like this-- maybe even some Norma Kamali inspired ones.  And now back to my regularly scheduled scheming...

No comments:

Post a Comment