Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Little Mod Sundress

I am just getting around to posting about my weekend sewing.  One of my goals, as i mentioned in my last post, is to work my way through my unfinished projects.  Last Sunday I completed the first of those projects, a little dress called Shari from Burdastyle:

(Please excuse the poor picture quality-- it is too cold to photograph outside!)

The floral print is from the $2.97 table at Gstreet Fabrics.  It's a pretty sheer batiste-like cotton, so I lined it with white cotton voile from  For the midriff section I used some electric lime linen that my Mom gave me awhile back.

I really liked sewing Shari, and I am happy with the results.  The under bust gathers are a nice detail for those of us with smaller busts ;)  

The skirt is cut on the bias, so the trickiest part was making sure not to stretch the pieces while stitching them together.  And hemming!  I always try to remember to hang up bias cut dresses for a day before setting in the hem.  

More pictures here.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute. I really like the floral print. I was going to start this pattern too in a couple of month.