Monday, February 8, 2010

Burda Blouse 117 From 8-2009


Here is the result of my day off- I finished a wearable muslin of Burda 117 in metallic poly chiffon.  We will call it a wearable muslin because fabric came from the 75% off table at Hancock Fabrics about two years ago, and I only bought it for the colors.  Without the bits of ochre and rust in there, this might well have been the ugliest fabric I ever laid eyes upon!  The blouse was a dream to stitch up, even though my lack of a serger necessitated flat-felling to ensure that the seams don't unravel.  I am already planning a second blouse in silk chiffon.  Maybe even in a springy hue.  A couple fabrics I have my eye on for the project:  this lovely iridescent chiffon in seafoam, currently my favorite color, and also this bright yellow print- what a jaunty summer topper that would make!

And now, dear friends, I'm off to sleep.  Must get lots of rest, as there is another full day of projecting ahead of me!


No comments:

Post a Comment