Monday, October 8, 2012

Peplum Tee

I'm so excited to share my newest creation with you, the peplum tee!  I really love the peplum trend, and after seeing Burda Style's Peplum Top pattern I was inspired to make something similar.  The best part?  The whole thing took less than a yard of striped jersey fabric, and I was able to sew it up on my new serger in under an hour.  The most time-consuming part for me was attaching the neckband.  

Just look at that stripe-y goodness!  


























In other exciting news, I'm going to be teaching a class on how to make the Peplum Tee at Sew Dayton on November 3rd.  If you're interested in learning how to sew with knits and make your own top, let me know and I can send you more details!

ETA: I used a self-drafted pattern to make this knit top.  I did not use the aforementioned Burda Style Peplum Top pattern, which is designed for wovens.  As soon as I complete the graded version, I will make a pattern available for this top.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I really love the idea of the knit fabric!I am making this pattern as well now.I would love to make one with a stretchy fabric.I was wondering,what did you do with the darts on the pattern?

    http://thewardrobe-project.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mady, thanks for visiting--I'm so glad you like the top! Although I mentioned the Burda Style pattern in my post, I actually drafted my own pattern for this top. I will definitely make the pattern available as soon as I complete a graded version!

      Delete