Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Things to come

Spring is returning and so am I!  After nearly two year's hiatus, I am ready to take up long forgotten sewing plans and knitting projects.  I hope to be able to share the results of my efforts with you here, and to reconnect with the online sewing community.  Airing out and cleaning stored yarns and fabrics has been taking up a lot of my time-- it is so exciting to take these pieces out of their boxes and to remember what I had dreamed up for each one.  
Now that I have collected all the drape drape books, I hope to start making a few of the projects!
Right now I am finding mossy patches around the yard...
Even the weeds are starting to bloom!  We'll let them think the garden is theirs for now, though I have already started to plant radishes, carrots, spinach and green onions right next door.  I'm so excited to pick out seeds for planting once the last frost has passed!  Right now I have a variety of heirloom tomatoes, pickle bush cucumbers, hot peppers and ground tomatoes.
Amidst all the excitement of spring's arrival, we also have one tired little boy back from the groomer.
How are you getting ready for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment