Tuesday, July 21, 2009

30s Blouse Progress

I've finally made some progress on my 30s inspired blouse! The good news: I have the initial muslin completed. The bad news: I think I should make another. Or at least modify this one substantially. You can see in the last photo that the back of the blouse dips lower than the front, and I'm not comfortable with that.

Quick notes: As you can see below, the fabric is a horrendous mother-of-the bride powder blue. Never fear! The muslin is, of course, just a test garment. Also, I added the center band mainly for the purpose of lengthening the bodice--it will not appear in the final blouse. I will work on tweaking this muslin over the next couple days, and then plunge into the final version. Hopefully the final blouse will look a bit more like this one that I shared in an earlier post.

Meanwhile, I have been tinkering with some other, more basic projects (read: ones that actually follow patterns), as well as a major sewing space organization project. More about that later, though. Here are the promised pictures:




Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Your blouse looks fantastic so far! I would say though, that if your intuition is telling you to make another muslin, do it. I've skipped that 2nd muslin too many times, and lived to regret it (after cutting my fashion fabric)! ;) Can't wait to see the finished blouse!

    - Casey
    http://elegantmusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks excellent! Can't wait to see the final!

    ReplyDelete