Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Introductions

Hello, world! My name is Megan and I am an avid seamstress and knitter. I created Hanging by a Thread so that I have a place to share my thoughts on sewing, knitting and other pearls of wisdom. I have been sewing for about 14 years, and knitting for five. While sewing is my first true passion, I find knitting to be a great stress-reducing activity. My first sewing projects included dresses for my dolls and historical costumes for myself. These days I make many of my own clothes, drawing inspiration from Anthropologie, Burda World of Fashion, Japanese pattern books, and designers like Anna Sui and Norma Kamali.

You can find me on craftster, burdastyle, and ravelry--my handle is littleweasel. I really enjoy participating in these online communities, and have recently enjoyed reading individual sewing and crafting blogs even more, and so I thought I would give this a shot. Here I hope to be able to share not only photos and and descriptions of my creations, but the inspirations behind them. I also have plans to share some patterns on burdastyle, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, you should definitely check out some interesting posts from these crafty blogs:

Blue Sky sewing, from Melissa Fehr (of nytimes fame) -shows off her new super cheery top

Stashaholism Confessional, from The Slapdash Sewist -detailing her latest fabric purchases and plans for sewing projects.

Hom Spun, from Anna Allen -she shares some inspiration from one of her most recent Japanese pattern book acquisitions

Whew-time for me to get sewing! Hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to take some photos of my most recent projects to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment