Tuesday, March 30, 2010

On my mind...sewing progress and turbans

Currently making:
 
 Skirt 111B from Burda 4-2010 in rust poplin


Trousers 111 (muslin!) from Burda 11-2009 also in rust poplin

Dress 113 from Burda 8-2009 in navy dotted chiffon

Last but not least, I am putting the finishing (hand-sewn) touches on a dress made from floaty navy chiffon.  It will make a nice addition to my nautical spring wardrobe, if I can just make myself finish it.  The challenge of this pattern is that it was designed in an awful crushed velvet, so I've had to make a few tweaks here and there to create the dress in chiffon.  Once I hand stitch the hem and insert elastic at the waist, it will be ready to wear with a sweet slip.

Currently dreaming about...turbans!

Follow the links above to see more vintage goodness.  I really love catparty's interpretation of the 1940's 'housewife' turban.  Oh how I long for a proper topper!  So perfect for keeping hair out of your eyes while sewing-- or while working on airplanes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment